Global Wealth Management Beach Cleanup
Join Global Wealth Management for our second annual beach cleanup led by VolunteerCleanup.org. During this fun corporate day of service cleanup, we'll help protect our oceans while collecting important citizen science data, and compete for the chance to win cool prizes for whoever finds the strangest thing!
Please RSVP so we can get a headcount for supplies.
** VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for the cleanup (gloves, buckets, garbage bags, pickers, sunscreen, water, hand sanitizer etc) and a water cooler for filtered cold water refills.
- Dress for the weather and wear shoes that are comfortable for walking on the beach
- Hat and sunglasses are also recommended for a hot and sunny day.
- Please bring a reusable/refillable water bottle, we can reduce plastic waste where possible. We will provide water coolers for cold water refills but will not be providing bottled water.
- Sign the online waiver form here: https://forms.gle/q2d4ZwJnohkCvLyP9
- Download the Clean Swell App to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging. You will work in teams of 2 ppl
Breakdown of activities for 2-hour cleanup
- Volunteers arrive and check-in (10 min)
- Introduction and safety briefing (10 min)
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies (10 min)
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging (1 hour)
- Regroup at check-in point (30 min)
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Count and weight the bags to quantify the impact
- Take group photo
The Cleanup will be held at Ft. Lauderdale Beach, just north of the B Ocean Hotel. Detailed arrival/parking instructions will be sent out in advance. This is a public beach parking lot, metered at $4/hour. We will be set up at a picnic table close to the restroom building, so use that as a landmark.
Meet by the Picnic Tables behind the Restrooms
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Google map and directions