COAST DEEP Clean | Black Point Park & Marina | Int'l Coastal Cleanup Day
Help the DEEP Foundation Inc, the Cutler Bay COAST Academy and the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) Keep our Beaches Clean at our Black Point Park & Marina Cleanup Site!!!
Family, friends, co-workers and associates are invited and encouraged to join us in our on-going efforts to Protect & Preserve our beaches. Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world's largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup Day.
What You'll Need ...
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, gloves (if desired) and a reusable water bottle.
- Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!!!
- Everyone that participates must register online (even if you are coming in groups). We must have each individual's name (or your parent/guardian) on the RSVP list in order to properly distribute the giveaway goodie bags.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver before any materials can be distributed (Download Waiver).
- If you are under 18 and you'll be attending without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for you in advance (Download Waiver).
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here for iPhone and Andriod.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide trash bags, disposable gloves, data cards and pens/pencils and a tote bag with this year's ICC Whale Shark Design.
On Cleanup Day ...
Please arrive no later than 9:15 am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain at the big pavilion on the opposite side of the channel from the public boat ramps. There will be a registration table setup in the shade, where you will collect your cleanup supplies and gather into groups. Volunteers will be briefed at 9:25am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm.
About the International Coastal Cleanup ...
In 2016 more than 18 million pounds of trash was collected by over 500,000 volunteers during the International Coastal Cleanup. Here in Miami Dade, we collected 15,000 pounds of marine debris from 31 miles of coastline.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris but by also cataloging and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell App. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with the DEEP Foundation Inc, the Cutler Bay COAST Academy and the NPCA; and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered up until 1 week before the cleanup want to have your shirt to wear on the day-of Order online here: Sales will remain online after the event
Homestead, FL 33032-5105
Google map and directions