POSTPONED | Florida International University I Biscayne Bay Campus | International Coastal Cleanup
Please note that all International Coastal Cleanup events originally scheduled for Saturday the 16th have been POSTPONED due to Hurricane Irma.
The Site Leader will soon set the new date for this cleanup. To stay updated of upcoming cleanups in your area signup for notifications http://www.volunteercleanup.org/volunteer
Or check the master registration page at http://www.volunteercleanup.org/iccmiami2017 which will be updated as the new dates are confirmed.
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in the International Coastal Cleanup. We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
- Wear appropriate foot-wear and comfortable clothes. Because much of our campus coastline is mangroves, volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers, no flipflops!
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot)
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and reuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
- Meet up/ check in is located on the patio of the Hospitality and Management Building, by the bay behind the pool. Those volunteers who have RSVPed will be emailed a map before the event.
This site is suitable for all ages. Children 12 and younger should be accompanied by an adult.
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered now until September 6th if you want to have your shirt to wear to the cleanup on September 16th Order online here:
North Miami, FL 33181
Google map and directions