Miami Beach Teen Initiative 21st Collins Park | International Coastal Cleanup
Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 50+ shoreline cleanups around the county. The 2022 Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our Presenting Sponsors Covanta and the Rickenbacker Marina, our Strategic Sponsors Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, and the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, our Core Sponsors Miami-Dade County RER-DERM and Pubbelly Sushi, and our Supporting Sponsor Greenberg Traurig and the Consulate General of Canada.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided*
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
Details for this site:
- Park at the surface lot between 21st and 22nd street or along the side streets by Collins Park
- Check-in will be at the entrance to the beach on 21st street, by the bathrooms.
Info for Volunteers:
- Complete the online waiver here:**If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver HERE in advance.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear that you are comfortable walking on sand in.
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
Miami Beach, FL 33141
Google map and directions