Biscayne National Park | Black Point Marina | National Public Lands Day
We invite you to volunteer with us in Biscayne National Park for National Public Lands Day 2018 to help us #KeepBiscayneBeautiful! We will be cleaning up marine debris from the mangrove shoreline South of Black Point Marina.
Plan to meet at the parking area at ‘Shrimper’s Row’ (specific directions will be emailed to you upon registration) at 9 am and we will work until 1 PM or so. Registration Required
**Weather – to keep everyone safe, the cleanup can be canceled due to high winds and/or lightning. If the next day forecast looks bad we will contact all registered volunteers to let them know the status of the cleanup**
- This event is BYOB (Bring Your Own Boat) – paddle craft OR shallow draft motorboats
- Personal flotation device
- Work gloves
- A pocket knife or “Leatherman” type multi-tool, if you have one
- Clothes that can get wet/dirty
- Sun protection (clothes/sunscreen)
- Water bottle
We will provide:
- Trash bags
- Spare work gloves
- A limited number of canoes are available for those without a paddle craft, these are first come first serve so please let us know when you register if you need a boat.
REGISTRATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you register, please provide your day-of contact phone number, how many people in your party, and what type of vessel you plan to bring.
Homestead, FL 33032-5105
Google map and directions