Denise Schneider rsvped for Clarington Island Cleanup via Denise Schneider 2020-01-16 09:26:05 -0500
Clarington Island Friends invites you to continue in the mission to reduce marine debris in Biscayne Bay. Friends include Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove, City of Miami, and Titanic Brewery.
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, and insect repellant. Community Service hours are also provided. Check out past cleanups on Facebook at CGSC Clarington Island Cleanup. Refreshments including beer from the Titanic Brewery will be served after the cleanup.
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
- Registration is at 9:00.
- Launch service to island will be available after registration. Transportation back will begin at 11:45. There are no restrooms on the island and launch service cannot be guaranteed for that purpose.
- All volunteers will need a signed waiver. If you are from 14 to 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must bring a waiver signed by you parent. The waiver can be downloaded when you registrar.
- Additional check ins and outs are required before going out to island.
- Appropriate for children over 10 with adult supervision till age 14 and must please bring their own life vest. Older children do not need adult supervision but must bring signed waiver.
- Parking is available on the street or the garage at 2889 McFarlane Road. Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Meeting spot is under the clubhouse inside the gate.
- volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers or water shoes, no flipflops or sandals!” comfortable clothes (clothes that you do not mind getting wet and dirty).
- Hats and sunglasses are highly recommended.
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can buy at the grocery store or Shell Lumber. We have some a limited number of work, and kitchen gloves.
- Bring water in a reusable container (please don’t create more waste by bringing plastic water bottles to clean up plastic water bottles!) Additional water will be available for refill.
- 5-gallon plastic buckets are great to bring. We have a limited supply.
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!WHENJanuary 25, 2020 at 9amWHEREClarington Island via Coconut Grove Sailing Club
2990 S Bayshore Dr
Coconut Grove, FL 33133-6003
Google map and directions
Denise Schneider wants to volunteer 2017-08-02 21:04:08 -0400
Denise Schneider wants to volunteer 2017-08-09 18:41:22 -0400