Clarington Island Lost City Cleanup
RAIN OR SHINE
CGSC Dock staff monitors the weather and precautions will be taken regarding lightening. Extra boats will be on hand to clear volunteers off the island.
Recovery is still ongoing as more Irma debris remain and has been joined by new debris. This is the last cleanup before summer hiatus (vacation) Plans for restoring the dock ramp are underway. Some agility is still needed.
Clarington Island Cleanups are hosted by Coconut Grove Sailing Club and our community partners including Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce; Biscayne Bay Foundation; the Rotary Clubs of Coconut Grove and Brickell; City of Miami; Commissioner Ken Russell's Office and Woman's Club of Coconut Grove. Past cleanups are on the Facebook group: CGSC Clarington Island.
- Access to the island may require physical ability (small jump or long leg reach) as the ramp as not been replaced after Hurricane Irma
- Registration begins at 8:30.
- Please bring the signed waiver.
- Launch service to island will be available after registration and at noon.
- Appropriate for children over 8 with adult supervision till age 14 only if they are wearing a life vest which you must provide. Older children do not need an adult must bring signed waiver.
- Parking is available on the street or Sonesta Garage (2889 McFarlane Road). Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Meeting spot is under the clubhouse inside the gate.
- Wear closed shoes and comfortable clothes that you do not mind getting wet and dirty. Hats are highly recommended.
- Work and/or dishwashing gloves. We have some a limited number of work, kitchen and medical gloves that you can borrow.
- Water in a reusable container (please don’t create more waste and bring plastic water bottles to clean up plastic water bottles!) Additional water will be available for refill.
- 4 Community Service Hours will be provided for students actively participating in the cleanup. Teens not actively participating will be sent back to the land and asked to leave. Please be on time to collect your hours. When possible the letters will be given on site after the clean up.
The following will be provided:
- Sunscreen, Mosquito spray, Water to replenish water bottles, Medical Grade Gloves provided by Sharp Dentistry.
- Refreshments will be provided after cleanup including beer served by Lost City Brewing Company's brewmaster Gary Ellis.
Coconut Grove, FL 33133-6003
Google map and directions