Clarington Island Needs Us
Working towards a cleaner Biscayne Bay in Coconut Grove by reducing marine debris. Join us in this important mission.
Clarington Island Cleanups are hosted by Coconut Grove Sailing Club and our community partners including Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce; Biscayne Bay Foundation; the Rotary Clubs of Coconut Grove and Brickell; City of Miami; Commissioner Ken Russell's Office and Woman's Club of Coconut Grove. Past cleanups are on the Facebook group: CGSC Clarington Island.
- Registration is at 8:45.
- Please bring the signed waiver.
- Launch service to island will be available after registration and at 11:45.
- Appropriate for children over 8 with adult supervision till age 14 only if they are wearing a life vest which you must provide. Older children who do not need an adult must bring signed waiver, the link is available when you RSVP.
- Parking is available on the street or Sonesta Garage (2889 McFarlane Road). Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Meeting spot is under the clubhouse inside the gate.
- Closed shoes are a required.
- Comfortable clothes (preferably long pants and sleeves) that you do not mind getting wet and dirty. Hats are highly recommended.
- Work and/or dishwashing gloves. We have some a limited number of work, and medical gloves that you can borrow.
- Water in a reusable container (please don’t create more waste and bring plastic water bottles to clean up plastic water bottles!) Additional water will be available for refill.
- 4 Community Service Hours will be provided for students actively participating in the cleanup. Teens not actively participating will be sent back to the land and asked to leave. Please be on time to collect your hours. When possible, the letters will be given on site after the clean-up.
The following will be provided:
- Sunscreen, Mosquito spray, Water to replenish water bottles, Medical Grade Gloves provided by Sharp Dentistry.
- Refreshments after cleanup.
Miami, FL 33133-6003
Google map and directions