Kenneth Myers Bayside Park in Coconut Grove and International Coastal Cleanup
Hosted by the Coconut Grove Sailing Club and Biscayne Bay Foundation.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!! We are looking for groups, students, families, or individual residents to join International Coastal Cleanup Day. Help make a difference and make our planet a cleaner and safer place for all species! Whether you are a non-profit group or a local family, you can play a role in helping us cleanup the environment! The trash in or along the shorelines of Biscayne Bay is becoming a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies.
- The site is suitable for all ages. Volunteers 15 and under need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Everyone that participates should register online individually. We must have your name on the RSVP list as an individual (or your parent) in order for you to get the giveaway goodie bag
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed) **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waivers in advance.
- Link to the waiver: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/cleanup/pages/310/attachments/original/1469817777/MDCC_Cleanup_Release_Waiver.pdf?1469817777
- 9:00 - on site registration opens: you will need to sign the Registration Sheet and present your pre-filled Waiver Forms.
- 9:15 - litter prevention presentation and group photo.
- 9:30 – cleanup begins
- Registration begins at 9:00 at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club.
- Parking is available on the street or Sonesta garage. Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Meeting spot is under the clubhouse inside the gate.
- mosquito spray, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Wear appropriate closed toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Sunscreen and hat are highly recommended.
- Work/dishwashing gloves (we suggest reusable work gloves coated with latex that you can pick up at the grocery store/Shell Lumber/ home depot. We have some work gloves that you can borrow. We also have medical grade latex gloves donated by South Miami Sports Medicine.
- Water in a reusable container (please don’t create more waste and bring plastic water bottles to clean up plastic water bottles!) Additional water will be available for refill.
Refreshment will be provided after the cleanup.
Garbage bags, data collection cards, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag will be provided by International Coastal Cleanup.
Between the Coconut Grove Sailing Club and Seminole Boat Docks and across from the Mutiny Hotel.
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
Google map and directions