Return to Clarinton Island
The Island is now free of sailboats and is in need of debris removal due to Hurricane Irma and summer hiatus (vacation).
Cleanup is hosted by Coconut Grove Sailing Club and community partners including Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce; Biscayne Bay Foundation; the Rotary Clubs of Coconut Grove and Brickell; City of Miami; Commissioner Ken Russell's Office and Woman's Club of Coconut Grove.
- Access to the island may require physical ability (small jump or long leg reach) as the ramp as not been replaced after Hurricane Irma
- Registration begins at 8:30.
- Please bring the signed waiver.
- Launch service to island will be available after registration and at noon.
- Appropriate for children over 8 with adult supervision till age 14 only if they are wearing a life vest which you must provide. Older children do not need an adult must bring signed waiver.
- Parking is available on the street or Sonesta Garage (2889 McFarlane Road). Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Meeting spot is under the clubhouse inside the gate.
- Wear closed toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes (shoes and clothes) that you do not mind getting wet and dirty). Hats are highly recommended.
- Work/dishwashing gloves. We have some a limited number of work, kitchen and medical gloves that you can borrow.
- Water in a reusable container (please don’t create more waste and bring plastic water bottles to clean up plastic water bottles!) Additional water will be available for refill.
- 4 Community Service Hours will be provided for students actively participating in the cleanup. Please be on time to collect your hours. When possible the letters will be given on site after the clean up.
The following will be provided:
- Sunscreen, Mosquito spray, Water to replenish water bottles, Medical Grade Gloves
- Refreshments will be provided after cleanup including beer provided for the adults.
Coconut Grove, FL 33133-6003
Google map and directions