Miami Underwater Art Basel Movement + Cleanup
We will be meeting along the shoreline of the park, near the soccer field, behind the community center. Look for the VolunteerCleanup.org table and banner!
Join us in this clean up as we prepare the city for Art Basel.
Miami UnderWater is an event happening December 5 to make the population aware of the festivals impact on the ecosystem and our general immediate responsibility to clean up the water. Much of the plastic we collect will be used to make art for the Basel show.
** VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for the cleanup (gloves, buckets, garbage bags, pickers, sunscreen, water, hand sanitizer etc) and a water cooler fo filtered cold water refills.
- Dress for the weather and wear closed toed shoes—no flip flops or sandals, as it's rocky in some areas of the shoreline and there could be sharp objects like broken glass!
- Hat and sunglasses are also recommended for a hot and sunny day. We provide sturdy ponchos in the case of light rain.
- Please bring water in a reusable bottle so we can reduce plastic waste where possible. We will provide water coolers for cold water refills but will not be providing bottled water.
- Download the Clean Swell App to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging. You will work in teams of 2-3ppll
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before you start. Download Waiver Pre-signing and bringing with you will help expedite check-in!
Support the Fundraiser for VolunteerCleanup.org https://www.gofundme.com/miami-underwater
Attend the Art Basel event: where you can see the gathered trash transformed in art
Miami, FL 33138-6274
Google map and directions