Nuris Binett rsvped +2 for Black Point Marina | Int'l Coastal Cleanup Day 2020 | Team Coast Guard 2020-10-07 12:04:17 -0400
Help Team Coast Guard Keep our Beaches Clean at our Black Point Marina Cleanup Site!!!
Please note that due to COVID-19, facial coverings are required, and volunteers must practice social distancing during the cleanup. There are no open bathroom facilities on the trail due to reduced staff.
We have staggered start-times to allow for social distancing. Choose your preferred start time when you RSVP. CHOOSE ONLY ONE START TIME AND DO NOT SELECT A START TIME THAT HAS ALREADY FILLED IT QUOTA FOR 10 PPL.
Family, friends, co-workers, and associates are invited and encouraged to join eco-conscious Coasties in our on-going efforts to Protect & Preserve our beaches. Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies.
Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
What You'll Need ...
- Face covering/mask
- Dress for the weather. Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!! Wear closed-toed shoes (i.e. sneakers, no flip-flops or sandals).
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, reusable water bottle, and gloves (working, gardening, or dish).
- Bring gloves if you have them. We will have some gloves on-site, but cannot guarantee they’ll be in your size.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, where possible.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver before any materials can be distributed. Online waiver will be sent via email 1 week before the cleanup
- If you are under 18 and you'll be attending without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian fill out the waiver form in advance
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. You can download the app here for iPhone and Andriod.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide trash bags and gloves. Community Service Hours also provided!
On Cleanup Day ...
Please arrive no later than 8:45am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain (Marg) As the shelters are off limits this year, your Site Captain will handout gloves and bags in the parking lot. Volunteers will be briefed at 8:55am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
About International Coastal Cleanup …
Scientists estimate that more than 17 billion pounds of plastic enter our ocean every year threatening marine life from corals polyps to sharks, the health of people, and local economies
Over the past 35 years, Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup has brought together nearly 13 million people from over 150 countries to collect nearly 250 million pounds of trash along our coastlines and waterways.
Every year during Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, volunteers comb lakes, rivers, and beaches around the world for trash picking up everything imaginable along the world’s shorelines: cigarette butts, food wrappers, abandoned fishing gear, and even automobiles and kitchen appliances.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris but by also cataloguing and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell app. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with Team Coast Guard, and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!WHENOctober 24, 2020 at 9amWHEREBlack Point Marina
24775 SW 87th Ave
Homestead, FL 33032-5105
Google map and directions