SeaKeepers Monthly Hobie Beach Cleanup!
HAPPY 2021!! Join Seakeepers in our FIRST cleanup of the year at Hobie Beach on Virginia Key! 🌎
**** THIS EVENT IS AT CAPACITY, join us on Sunday, January 10th at the same location!! :https://www.volunteercleanup.org/27887/clean_hobie_beach_with_seakeepers_all_weekend ****
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST COMPLETE TWO ITEMS:
1) EVERY participant must complete a liability waiver!! Complete HERE or email Maggie@Seakeepers.org if you have any issues completing the form. You will not be allowed to participate without this form signed.
2) ONE person from EACH group should select a check-in time through THIS SURVEY. Staggering check-in times will help keep the event safe.
- For contact-less check-in, bring your smart phone to the event.
- Please wear a mask at the check-in table to get the cleanup supplies.
- Be safe! Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and maintain at least 6ft from other volunteers.
Where to meet: Parking lot directly across from the Marine Stadium - On the Beach side of the Rickenbacker Causeway (Your second right once you go over the bridge) we will have a blue SeaKeepers tent and flags where you'll need to check in.
Supplies you should bring:
🦈 Mask & Gloves (you must wear a mask at the check-in table, and please bring your own gloves if you need them for the cleanup)
🦈 Reusable water bottle with water (no single-use plastic bottles!)
🦈 Reef-safe Sunscreen
🦈 Comfortable shoes
🦈 Download the iPhone Application "Clean Swell" beforehand
🦈 Follow our Instagram pages and join us on our journeys! @seakeepers
We will provide:
🦈 Biodegradable garbage bags and buckets for collecting trash items
🦈 Hand Sanitizer
🦈 Community Service Hours / Service Learning Hours
The Marine debris isn't an ocean problem - it's a people problem, be part of the solution!
To RSVP Groups larger than 6 people, please email me directly: Maggie@seakeepers.org. We will be sending out a waiver form and any last minute details the week of the cleanup.
Please be sure to take pictures and video of your outing. If you are posting online, remember to tag us: @seakeepers and use hashtags #seakeepersbeachcleanup. Also, please send your pictures and videos for social media usage to: Maggie@seakeepers.org.
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Google map and directions