Deering Point | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
Deering is looking to protect Biscayne Bay! Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this annual event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Rickenbacker Marina, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, and Greenberg Traurig.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided*
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
Details for this site:
- Free parking is available at the site.
- Check-in begins at 9:00 AM
- This event is suitable for all ages but children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult.
Info for Volunteers:
A paper waiver for Miami-Dade County Parks will be provided on the day of the event. ** However, if you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance, and bring it with you to the cleanup.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a mangrove site, and you should wear closed-toe shoes like sneakers, no flipflops or sandals.
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
Google map and directions