SeaKeepers Monthly Cleanup at Margaret Pace Park!
Come join SeaKeepers for our cleanup at Margaret Pace Park! Weather permitting, we will cleanup the park, the bay walk, and all of Margaret Pace's amenities. Make sure to visit the SeaKeepers tent which will be set up next to the basketball courts for check-in, and then instructions and a safety-briefing will be given to the group!
- For contact-less check-in, bring your smart phone to the event.
- IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST COMPLETE A LIABILITY WAIVER HERE. You will not be allowed to participate without this form signed. Please do this when you RSVP/sign up so we can save time for cleaning on the day of the event!
Supplies you can bring:
- 🦈 Reusable water bottle with water (no single-use plastic bottles!)
- 🦈 Reef-safe Sunscreen (make sure oxybenzone is NOT on the active ingredients list!)
- 🦈 Comfortable shoes
- 🦈 Download the app Marine Debris Tracker, and click here for a quick tutorial on how to use the app, and get ready to utilize the Marine Debris Tracker App to help create a bigger picture of marine debris and plastic pollution through collecting open data, generating scientific findings, informing policy, and inspiring upstream design.
*You can earn extra community service hours by participating!
- 🦈 Follow and monitor our Instagram page, @seakeepers for updates!
We will provide:
- 🦈 Garbage bags
- 🦈 Reusable gloves
- 🦈 Hand Sanitizer
- 🦈 Community Service Hours / Service Learning Hours
- Please note, the cleanup is 2 hours long, so that is how many hours we will give for community service. However, if you use the Marine Debris Tracker to record trash data, we will give you FIVE hours!
Marine debris isn't an ocean problem - it's a people problem. Be part of the solution!
Parking: Parallel street parking is available all along Margaret Pace Park, all along N Bayshore Drive. The nearest public parking lot is located at 246 NE 20th Terrace Parking, 246 NE 20th Terrace, Miami, FL 33137, although it is about a 7 minute walk from where we will be located at the park.
Cancellation or Postponing: Cleanup will proceed as scheduled rain or shine, and cleanups will only be affected by the presence of lightning. Any extreme or hazardous weather will be monitored closely and the final call will be made to cancel or postpone a cleanup 2 hours prior to the start of the cleanup. For example, a 9am cleanup that is being postponed due to weather will be cancelled at 7am. Volunteers will be notified by email.
Miami , FL 33132
Google map and directions