Nerlinda Jean-Jacques rsvped for Loop Mobile Cleanup at Oleta Park 2023-03-23 17:29:21 -0400
Loop Mobile Cleanup
Join Loop Mobile for a fun shoreline cleanup hosted by VolunteerCleanup.org. We'll help protect Biscayne Bay while collecting important citizen science data, and compete for the chance to win cool prizes for whoever finds the strangest thing!
**VolunteerCleaunp.org provide all of the supplies for the cleanup (gloves, bags, pickers, buckets, sunscreen, insect repellent, hand-sani)
We'll have the Mangrove pavilion reserved at the park for the day. Oleta also has an onsite concessionaire renting paddleboards, kayaks and mountain bikes for anyone wishing to stay and spend the day.
Important Reminders for Volunteers:
- FOOD/DRINK: Please bring water in a reusable bottle. We will have a cooler for filtered cold water refills. There are additional concessions for sale at the park
- ATTIRE: Dress for the weather and wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers as the shoreline is rocky and uneven in some areas. Hat and sunglasses are also recommended for a hot and sunny day.
- Download the Clean Swell App to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging. You will work in teams of 2-3ppl if you came with other guests
- WAIVERS: Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before you start. Completing the waiver in advance will expedite check-in
Breakdown of activities for 2-hour cleanup:
- Volunteers arrive and check-in (10 min)
- Introduction and safety briefing (10 min)
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies (10 min)
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging (1 hour)
- Regroup at check-in point (30 min)
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Count and weigh the bags to quantify the impact
- Take group photo
Parking and Arrival
WHENApril 01, 2023 at 10:00amWHEREOleta River State Park
- Parking/entrance fees will be waived for volunteers. At the entrance gate, tell them you are doing a volunteer cleanup event with "Friends of Oleta"
- We will be set up a the Mangrove Pavilion. Drive down to the parking lot and make a left where you see the "mangrove" pavilion sign. Park and then walk the short path from the parking lot to the pavilion. We will have "volunteercleanup.org" buckets marking the spots
- Call Dara 786-525-6040 if you have any issues finding us!
3400 NE 163rd St
North Miami Beach, FL 33160
Google map and directions