BCL Earth Day Fun Day
The first BCL Earth Day Fun Day will include a beach clean up, StoryWalk® and conservation awareness program. This family-friendly event will meet outside, behind the Hollywood Beach Bernie P. Oster Reading Center starting at 8:00am.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Students receive community service hours
- Wear appropriate attire and closed-toe shoes (no flip flops)
Please note that the City of Hollywood is proud to be plastic and foam free! Single-use plastics and foam are not allowed on City property or at special events. Please be sure to leave plastic bottles, bags and other single-use plastics and foam at home. Bring a reusable bottle for hydration. Can catchers, Trash bags, vests, and gloves will be provided by the City of Hollywood.
Earth Day Schedule of Events:
8:00AM Check-In and Family Activities
8:30 AM Welcome and Sea Turtle Awareness Education and Beach Clean Up Guidelines
9:00 AM Beach Clean Up
10:00 AM- 12:00PM Family Activities including
- StoryWalk® featuring The Big Beach Clean Up by Charlotte Offsay
- Crafts including making clay fish, painting a bank or wooden puzzle, and creating nature journals
- Featured organizations such as Hollywood YMCA, Sierra Club of Broward County, Broward County/NSU Sea Turtle Conservation Program, The Right to Clean Water, and Finding Ecohappiness author Sandi Schwartz
Hollywood , FL 33019
Google map and directions