Little Haiti Cleanup to Earn Crypto | International Coastal Cleanup Day 2022
Clean to Earn crypto on the world's largest one-day volunteer effort to reducing marine debris!
Captain Haiti will be awarding crypto to volunteers for their contribution in cleaning Miami Dade County, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe! The goal is a total crypto-powered cleanup of every square foot of the all Miami Dade County.
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 50+ shoreline cleanups around the county. The 2022 Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our Presenting Sponsors Covanta and the Rickenbacker Marina, our Strategic Sponsors Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, and the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, our Core Sponsors Miami-Dade County RER-DERM and Pubbelly Sushi, and our Supporting Sponsor Greenberg Traurig and the Consulate General of Canada.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided* This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
Details for this site:
- Parking Information: 5930 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, FLorida, 33137
- Check-in will be at 8:00 AM
- This event is suitable for all ages (UNDER 18 need to be accompanied by an adult)
Captain Haiti will be awarding crypto to volunteers for their contribution in cleaning up Little Haiti.
HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR CRYPTO
- Download the app Ocean Swell : https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/cleanswell/
- Screenshot your result of the day
- Post your result by tagging @CaptainHaiti on IG to receive 10 $CaptainHaiti tokens per pound you cleanup.
- HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR CRYPTO
Info for Volunteers:
- Complete the online waiver here: **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE and bring it with you to the event.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a neighborhood site, and you should wear appropriate footwear that you are comfortable walking with.
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
Miami, FL 33137
Google map and directions