Florida Fin Fest - Beach Clean Up
Thank you for joining us for the inaugural Florida Fin Fest Beach Clean-Up happening on September 18th at the Seawalk Pavilion in Jacksonville Beach! Below you will find instructions on how to check in, timing, and instructions for volunteering at the clean-up.
WAIVER (Fill out BEFORE you arrive please): https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/e/prBCVLGHxznZdGN3Yva7ZD/
Once you arrive onsite at the clean-up site (75 1st St N Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250) directly on the beach from the Seawalk Pavilion (see attached photo), please make your way to the gray pop-up tents for check-in. From there, you will be given clean-up instructions and materials. A few volunteers will be assigned to sort through the collected trash to make sure any recyclable items are properly disposed of via the recycling bins on-site.
Please make sure to be back at the tent with your supplies (buckets, gloves, grain sacks) turned in by 11:45 am. Once the cleanup is complete please go enjoy Florida Fin Fest and visit the Educational Village presented by Ocean Conservancy to learn more about how we can positively impact our oceans. There will be VR experiences, live touch tanks, a mobile planetarium and panel discussions throughout the day.
What are we cleaning up?
- Any debris, trash, plastic, cigarette butts, items on the sand or in the dunes
Can I bring friends or family with me?
- Yes, we can use all the help we can get
Will there be food available?
- Fresh fruit will be provided complimentary from the Ocean Conservancy
Will drinks be provided?
- Open Water & Gratitude Organic Tea will be provided as well as water refill stations, we highly suggest you bring your own bottle to refill.
Can I bring my own collection materials (bucket, gloves, etc?)
Do I need to bring my own clean-up materials?
- Not necessary as we will be passing out buckets, grain sacks and reusable gloves to volunteers to pick up debris from the beach.
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Google map and directions