NoMi Biscayne River Alliance Griffing Park | International Coastal Cleanup
Rescheduled for Oct 28th
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
We are planning a fun and rewarding morning, cleaning up the canal in North Miami that runs behind homes, businesses and city property between 121st St/Griffing Park and 135th St/ Griffing Blvd.
Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own watercraft (kayaks/SUP and canoes) to help remove items from the canal. Additional volunteers will be needed on the shore at various spots to clean shoreline and aid the paddlers in unloading and sorting debris
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag!
Where possible, please have all guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
Meet up spot is at Griffing Park. We will have cleanup supplies but feel free to bring your own gloves if you would like. Be prepared to get your shoes wet.
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
- Wear appropriate closed-toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring Water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce our plastic waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered up until 1 week before the cleanup want to have your shirt to wear on the day-of Order online here: Sales will remain online after the event
North MIami, FL 33161
Google map and directions