Legion Park | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
It’s time for the 37th annual International Coastal Cleanup! Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 50+ shoreline cleanups around the county. The 2022 Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our Presenting Sponsors Covanta and the Rickenbacker Marina, our Strategic Sponsors Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, and the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, our Core Sponsors Miami-Dade County RER-DERM and Pubbelly Sushi, and our Supporting Sponsor Greenberg Traurig and the Consulate General of Canada.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided*
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout
Info for Volunteers:
- COVID SAFETY: Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell or had a recent exposure
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate foot-wear. This is a rocky shoreline site, and you should wear closed-toed shoes (no flipflops or sandals!)
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size. We suggest reusable working, gardening, or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery/hardware store.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Complete the online waiver here in advance to expedite check-in. **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
Google map and directions