Sunny Isles Beach | Int'l Coastal Cleanup Day | Team Coast Guard
Help Team Coast Guard Keep our Beaches Clean at our Sunny Isles Beach Cleanup Site!!!
Family, friends, co-workers and associates are invited and encouraged to join eco-conscious Coasties in our on-going efforts to Protect & Preserve our beaches. Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join us for the 33rd annual International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
Presented by Covanta, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this global event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible with additional support from City of Miami Beach (MB Rising Above) Capital One, Revolution 93.5 FM and MB Suncare.
What You'll Need ...
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, gloves, and a reusable water bottle.
- Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!!!
- Everyone that participates must register online (even if you are coming in groups). We must have each individual's name (or your parent/guardian) on the RSVP list in order to properly distribute the giveaway goodie bags.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags) can be distributed (Download Waiver).
- If you are under 18 and you'll be attending without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for you in advance (Download Waiver).
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here for iPhone and Andriod.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide trash bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Puffer Fish!
On Cleanup Day ...
Please arrive no later than 8:45am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain at the entrance of Gilbert Samson Oceanfront Park on 174th Street and Collins Avenue. There will be a registration table setup in the shade, where you will collect your cleanup supplies and gather into groups. Volunteers will be briefed at 8:55am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm. You are encouraged to carpool as parking in Sunny Isles can be quite the task.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with Team Coast Guard; and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Google map and directions