Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves | Pelican Harbor International Coastal Cleanup
Rescheduled for October 21st!
Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup. We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, MB Suncare sunscreen, insect repellent, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag! Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
- MUST wear closed-toed shoes, no flip flops!
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store / home depot)
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver:
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy's CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design are for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered up to 1 week before your cleanup if you want to have your shirt to wear on the day of the event Order online here:
Miami, FL 33138
Google map and directions