Sunny Isles Beach Cleanup | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe! This event only happens yearly so RSVP while you can!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 50+ shoreline cleanups around the county. The 2022 Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our Presenting Sponsors Covanta and the Rickenbacker Marina, our Strategic Sponsors Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, and the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, our Core Sponsors Miami-Dade County RER-DERM and Pubbelly Sushi, and our Supporting Sponsor Greenberg Traurig and the Consulate General of Canada.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided*
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Details for this site:
- Parking Information: https://tinyurl.com/SIBC20
- Check-in will be next to the lifeguard tower that is next to the pier
- This event is suitable for ALL AGES
- Other info: Please remember: DO NOTpark at the Marshals parking lot as your car may get towed away.
Info for Volunteers:
- Complete the online waiver here. **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE and bring it with you.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a beach site, and you should wear Appropriate footwear that you are comfortable walking on sand in.
- Sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening-type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
Next to the lifeguard tower that is next to the pier
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Google map and directions