Cargill Margaret Pace Park Cleanup
Join a small group of your co-workers for a socially distanced shoreline cleanup with VolunteerCleanup.org downtown at Margaret Pace Park to learn about our local marine debris problem and how to become part of the solution.
** VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for the cleanup (gloves, buckets, garbage bags, pickers, sunscreen, water, hand sanitizer, a water cooler for filtered cold water refills)
Meeting Spot: We will be meeting in the center of the park at one of the picnic tables along the water. Take the walkway that runs alongside of the dog park and walk towards the shoreline and you will find us set up there.
Parking: there is plenty of metered street parking on Bayshore Drive by the park and in the adjacent side-streets (NE 4th Ave, NE 19th Street)
Important Reminders for Volunteers:
- COVID SAFETY: Bring and wear a face mask. We are taking COVID precautions very seriously, especially as the cases increase and are expected to rise during the holiday season. Masks/Facial coverings are required by the park, and must be worn during check-in/supply distribution and at any time when social distance cannot be maintained. Once you are cleaning up we will be very spread out but when we are together as a group at the check-in table, masks are mandatory as well as social distancing. We will have a speaker for amplified sound so that you can hear us giving instructions at the beginning while being distanced from us and each other. If you are feeling unwell in any way on the morning of the event, please stay at home.
- FOOD/DRINK: Please bring water in a reusable bottle so we can reduce plastic waste where possible. We will have a water cooler for cold filtered water refills but will not be providing bottled water. There are a few cafes on Bayshore in case anyone wishes to stay for a picnic lunch in the park.
- ATTIRE: Dress for the weather and wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers or water shoes because the shoreline is rocky and uneven in some areas.
- Download the Clean Swell App to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging.
- WAIVERS: Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before you start. Pre-signing the online waiver will help expedite check-in! https://forms.gle/1Xx8yk2Ro59avBySA
Breakdown of activities for 2-hour cleanup:
- Volunteers arrive and check-in (10 min)
- Introduction and safety briefing (10 min)
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies (10 min)
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging (1 hour)
- Regroup at check-in point (30 min)
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Count and weigh the bags to quantify the impact
- Take group photo
Miami , FL 33131
Google map and directions