CLEAN MIAMI BEACH | Eden Roc | Yoga and Beach Cleanup for ICC
** This site is sold out - CLICK HERE to see all the other ICC Sites **
WE ARE BACK! It’s time for the 36th annual International Coastal Cleanup! Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county. The Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our tidal sponsor Covanta, with additional support from Banesco USA, Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, WPLG Local 10, and with special thanks to the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund.
This site is being hosted by "Clean Miami Beach", who couldn't be more excited to be partnering with the Hotel Eden Roc Miami Beach for this special day. Mita Eyewear, Jason Hyde, and other amazing vendors will be on site as well. Get excited for a donation based yoga session and a fun time helping protect our oceans. This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Check In: 9 am
Yoga ($10 donation-based): 9:15 - 10:15 - please bring your yoga mat
Beach and Street Cleanup: 10:30 - noon
- closed-toed shoes recommended
- bring your own water (no plastic please), we will have a refill station
- wear reef-safe sun protection and a hat
- Complete the online waiver here in advance to expedite check-in.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
- We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Octopus!
- Community Service hours available. All ages welcome.
- We will meet at the garden from the Hotel Eden Roc, access through the beach walk on 45th St.
- Please be on time, we will start on time.
Please come with your bike or ride share, parking is $20!!!
Our environment gives us life. Let's protect it.
For our planet, CMB team
Follow on IG: @cleanmiamibeach
Like us on FB: @cleanmiamibeach
About International Coastal Cleanup
Scientists estimate that more than 17 billion pounds of plastic enters our ocean every year threatening marine life from corals polyps to sharks, the health of people, and local economies.
Over the past 36 years, Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup has brought together nearly 13 million people from over 150 countries to collect nearly 250 million pounds of trash along our coastlines and waterways. Every year during Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, volunteers comb lakes, rivers and beaches around the world for trash picking up everything imaginable along the world’s shorelines: cigarette butts, food wrappers, abandoned fishing gear and even automobiles and kitchen appliances.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris, but by also cataloguing and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell app. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Google map and directions