Ocean Forest Mangrove Cleanup
Coastlove, the We Love U Foundation, the Fabien Cousteau Ocean Learning Center, and John Pennekamp State Park are partnering to clean up the Mangroves and coastlines of Ocean Forest.
Ocean Forest, Key Largo is a part of John Pennekamp State Park. This beautiful undeveloped area includes mangroves, coral reefs, and a large array of wildlife. There is still vast a amount of plastic out there that is smothering the ecosystems so it’s all hands on deck!
This cleanup is in an undeveloped area with extensive walking and wading through water so young children are not recommended for this event.
- Due to the ecological sensitivity of the area, there will be a limited number of volunteer spots available, and participants must RSVP to hold their spot. It is important to ensure that you RSVP to receive important information prior to the event that will not be available on Facebook.
- All participants must register before entering the trail
What to bring:
- Sun protection
- Bug spray and/or wear long sleeves and pants
- Closed-toed shoes are required (we will be wading through water)
- Change of clothes (there are showers available at the John Pennekamp park)
- Reusable water bottle
Key Largo, FL 33037
Google map and directions