Peacock Park | International Coastal Cleanup
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
- Everyone that participates should register online individually. We must have your name on the RSVP list as an individual (or your parent) in order for you to get the giveaway goodie bag.
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/cleanup/pages/310/attachments/original/1469817777/MDCC_Cleanup_Release_Waiver.pdf?1469817777
- Wear appropriate closed-toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store / home depot)
- Bring Water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce our plastic waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
*International Coastal Cleanup will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag
In 2015, more than 18 million pounds of trash was collected by nearly 800,000 volunteers during the International Coastal Cleanup.
Here in Miami Dade, we collected 17,500 pounds of marine debris from 31 miles of coastline.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris, but by cataloguing and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell App. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
We need your help to keep this momentum going.
Miami, FL 33133
Google map and directions