Consulate General of Canada Beach Cleanup in Hollywood
Please join us in a beach cleanup to protect our natural resources while raising awareness about the global issue of marine debris.
This cleanup is sponsored by the Consulate General of Canada and led by VolunteerCleanup.org
** VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for the cleanup (gloves, buckets, mesh beach cleanup bags, garbage bags, pickers, sunscreen, water, hand sanitizer etc) and a water cooler for filtered cold water refills.
- Dress for the weather and wear shoes that are comfortable for walking on the beach. We recommend closed-toed shoes like sneakers. Hat and sunglasses are also recommended for a hot and sunny day.
- Please bring water in a reusable bottle so we can reduce plastic waste where possible. We will provide water coolers for cold filtered water refills but will not be providing bottled water.
- Download the Clean Swell App from your app store to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging. You will work in teams of 2-3ppl
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before you start. Download Waiver Pre-signing and bringing with you will help expedite check-in! *Volunteers under the age of 18 who arrive without a parent/guardian must have their waiver pre-signed by a parent or guardian.
Parking and Arrival:
- Free parking across the street from beach park @ North Beach Parking Lot #1, 4008 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019
- There is on-site parking at the Hollywood Beach Park for a flat all-day rate of $10
- On the side streets north of the Beach Park, at Forrest, etc. are metered parking at approx $3.25 an hour.
- There is also a Broward B-Cycle station at the Beach Park for who want to arrive on 2-wheels!
We will meet inside the beach park, by the first set picnic tables closest to the bike-share stand, near the beach park office/entrance.
Breakdown of activities for the cleanup:
- Volunteers arrive and check-in
- Introduction and safety briefing
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging
- Regroup at check-in point
- Return Supplies
- Weigh and Report out of the total weight gathered
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Take a group photo
Hollywood, FL 33019
Google map and directions