Consulate General of Canada Beach Cleanup in Hollywood
Please join us for a safe, socially-distanced beach cleanup to protect our natural resources while raising awareness about the global issue of marine debris.
This cleanup is sponsored by the Consulate General of Canada and led by VolunteerCleanup.org
** VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for the cleanup (gloves, buckets, mesh beach cleanup bags, garbage bags, pickers, sunscreen, water, hand sanitizer) and a water cooler for filtered cold water refills.
Important Reminders for Volunteers:
- COVID SAFETY: Bring and wear a face mask. We are taking COVID precautions very seriously, especially as cases rise after the holiday season. Masks/Facial coverings are required, and must be worn during check-in/supply distribution and at any time when social distance cannot be maintained. Once you are cleaning up we will be very spread out but when we are together as a group at the check-in table, masks are mandatory as well as social distancing. We will have a speaker for amplified sound so that you can hear us giving instructions at the beginning while being distanced from us and each other. If you are feeling unwell in any way on the morning of the event, please stay at home.
- Dress for the weather and wear shoes that are comfortable for walking on the beach. We recommend closed-toed shoes like sneakers. Hat and sunglasses are also recommended for a hot and sunny day.
- Please bring water in a reusable bottle so we can reduce plastic waste where possible. We will provide water coolers for cold water refills but will not be providing bottled water.
- Pre-signing the online waiver will expedite check-in: https://forms.gle/YaPPLi8sv9Xq3ZbK9
Parking and Arrival:
- There is on-site parking at the Hollywood Beach Park for a flat all-day rate of $10 This is a good option if you are planning on staying to enjoy the beach and park after the cleanup.
- If you want to save a few bucks, across the street from beach park @North Beach Parking Lot #1, parking is approximately $3 per hour. 4008 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019 https://goo.gl/maps/WC3STdbPBrsZ7Znu5
- On the side streets north of the Beach Park, at Forrest, etc. are metered parking as well
- There is also a Broward B-Cycle station at the Beach Park for who want to arrive on 2-wheels!
We will meet inside the beach park, by the first set picnic tables closest to the bike-share stand, near the beach park office/entrance.
Breakdown of activities for the cleanup:
- Volunteers arrive and check-in
- Introduction and safety briefing
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging
- Regroup at check-in point
- Return Supplies
- Weigh and Report out of the total weight gathered
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Take a group photo
Hollywood, FL 33019
Google map and directions