Floatopia Green Team (South Beach) - Shift 1
Floatopia will be bringing thousands of visitors from all around South Florida to bask in the sun and float in the water. Floatopia, VolunteerCleanup.Org, Debris Free Oceans, and Clean Up Miami Beach are creating a Floatopia "Green Team" to ensure that everyone participates in keeping the beach clean and leaving only Float-Prints. Please note : We are *NOT* doing the cleaning ourselves - we are facilitating *FLOATOPIANS* keeping our beach clean.
We will have 5 shifts to educate the Floatopians and facilitate clean beaches.
9am – Noon - Setup and Education upon arrival
11am – 2pm (overlapping shift) - Keeping the beach clean and engagement
1pm – 4pm (overlapping shift) - Keeping the beach clean and engagement
3pm – 6pm (overlapping shift) - Keeping the beach clean and engagement
5pm – 8pm (overlapping shift) - Final Cleanup
- Working the tents (education, free water, plastic bag swap)
- Maintaining trash buckets along the soft-pack sand
- Positive Engagement with people on the Softpack Sand
- Separation of recyclables at Hard Pack
- Floating Trash Cans (Kayak and SUP)
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions