Surfside International Coastal Cleanup
Plastic items become intestinal blockages; baited fishing lines entangle limbs, hindering movement and causing dismemberment; and aluminum cans turn into razorsharp traps.
A turtles favorite snack is a jelly fish. A plastic bag or a balloon under water looks like their favorite snack. Help me on this journey of keeping our lands and waters clean.
**We will be meeting on the beach in back of the Community Center
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before you start **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver in the link below in advance and bring it to the event. https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/cleanup/pages/310/attachments/original/1469817777/MDCC_Cleanup_Release_Waiver.pdf?1469817777
- Please come prepared to participate for the entire event.
- Wear appropriate closed-toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store / home depot)
- Bring Water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce our plastic waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
- Everyone that participates must register online. (even if you are coming together)
- Metered parking is across the street or across from the police department.
- 4 community service hours provided
9301 Harding Ave
Surfside, FL 33154
Google map and directions