1 Hotel and Frost Museum of Science Beach Cleanup
Join Frost Museum of Science and 1 Hotel for a beach clean up where volunteers will have the opportunity to give back to Miami’s natural environment by removing litter and debris from the beach. They’ll also get to act as citizen scientists! Volunteers will log trash with Marine Debris Tracker, a smartphone app, and we’ll talk about how we can use this technology to learn more about how ocean currents disperse trash and how we can use that information to prevent marine debris before it starts.
Meet us at in of the 1 Hotel, between 23rd and 24th Street
- Tuesday, May 26th from 9am to 12pm
- All volunteers meet on the Private Beach Area at 9am (open to hotel guests, residents, Homes staff and outside guests) at the tent
- Tent set-up on the private beach area that houses supplies for guests and/or staff to partake in the clean-up – Provided Frost & MUVE
- Frost Science staff would be present to help teach guests about the Marine Debris Tracker, the importance and value of citizen science, and how beach trash circulates through the various coastlines of Miami and the ocean at large
- We will provide refreshments
- We will not have gloves so we can encourage volunteers to bring their own if they prefer
- All volunteers with fill out a waiver (provided by MUVE) before the volunteer.
Facebook Event : https://www.facebook.com/events/443126752530754/
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions