POSTPONED | ECOMB / Dragonfly Expeditions | Teachers Island | International Coastal Cleanup
Please note that all International Coastal Cleanup events originally scheduled for Saturday the 16th have been POSTPONED due to Hurricane Irma.
The Site Leader will soon set the new date for this cleanup. To stay updated of upcoming cleanups in your area signup for notifications http://www.volunteercleanup.org/volunteer
Or check the master registration page at http://www.volunteercleanup.org/iccmiami2017 which will be updated as the new dates are confirmed.
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup. We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag!
- Wear appropriate foot-wear and comfortable clothes. Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers, no flipflops!
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring a pair of reusable gloves (we suggest light reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot)
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. No single-use disposable plastic water bottles are accepted in our events.
- If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials - bags, cards, or gift bags - can be distributed.
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy's CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
- CHECK IN SPOT - Maurice Gibbs Park, across from South Beach Kayak
- CHECK IN TIME - 8:30 AM Sharp
- PARKING - meter parking on park or street. Or use the parking garage on Bay Road, between 18th and 20th - $1,00/hour
- WE PROVIDE: a light breakfast on site, water and snacks at the island.
- Kids under 15, MUST be accompanied by an adult
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered now until September 6th if you want to have your shirt to wear to the cleanup on September 16th Order online here:
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions