Oleta River State Park | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
Welcome to past volunteers and new ones too! We hope that you will join the Friends of Oleta for this year’s International Coastal Cleanup Coastal Cleanup (ICC) Day! Our meetup point will be at Manatee pavilion this year. This is the 37th annual International Coastal Cleanup - the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways. Show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county. The Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our tidal sponsor Covanta and Rickenbacker Marina, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, and Greenberg Traurig.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab! *Community Service hours will be provided*
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
Details for this site:
- Park Entrance Fee waived for volunteers. Just tell them you are doing the cleanup. Park in Parking Lot 9 and come to the Manatee pavilion.
- Check-in will be 9 am.
- This event is suitable for all ages, however, if you are under 18 years old and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the online waiver form below.
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
Info for Volunteers:
- Dress for the weather and wear closed-toed shoes
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size. We suggest reusable working, gardening, or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery/hardware store.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Complete the online waiver here in advance to expedite check-in. **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
North Miami Beach, FL 33160
Google map and directions