Save Our Sea Turtles Tribute to MLK
Bring a friend and come save the sea turtles at Hollywood Beach! Friends of the Sea does monthly beach clean-ups on the second or third Sunday of each month, so if you can't come to this one join us at our next! No pre-registration necessary. Volunteers can register upon arrival.
Please be here promptly at 9 am so we can start everyone out at the same time and complete the activity before it gets too hot in the late morning.
Come for one hour or all three!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate closed-toed shoes or water shoes, and comfortable clothes.
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves if you have them (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot) We will have some onsite but cannot guarantee they will be in your size!
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, where possible.
- Follow our IG page and join us on our journey @friendsofthesea_
- We will be meeting up in front of Oceans 13 Sports Bar and Grill, on the side there is a parking lot available on N Surf Rd
Community service hours available for students, please bring in your forms!
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards.
Hollywood, FL 33019-3730
Google map and directions