Gold Coast Beverage Beach Cleanup and Crawl
Join us for a special team building on World Ocean's Day! We'll be participating as a group for the monthly Ft. Lauderdale Beach Sweep.
All cleanup supplies will be provided to volunteers for the cleanup (gloves, buckets, garbage bags, pickers, sunscreen, water, hand sanitizer etc) and a water cooler for filtered cold water refills)
We will have our own registration check-in table on the sand/beach at Las Olas, look for VolunteerCleanup.org signage.
- Dress for the weather and wear shoes comfortable for walking on the sand. Hat and sunglasses are also recommended for a hot and sunny day. We provide sturdy ponchos in the case of light rain.
- Please bring water in a reusable bottle so we can reduce plastic waste where possible. We will provide water coolers for cold water refills but will not be providing bottled water.
- Download the Clean Swell App to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging. You will work in teams of 2-3ppl
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before you start. Download Waiver Pre-signing and bringing with you will help expedite check-in!
Breakdown of activities for 2-hour cleanup
- Volunteers arrive and check-in (10 min)
- Introduction and safety briefing (10 min)
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies (10 min)
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging (1 hour)
- Regroup at check-in point (30 min)
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Count and weight the bags to quantify impact
- Take group photo
Parking and Directions:
- Suggested parking at the new parking garage at 200 Las Olas Cir, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
Google map and directions