Miami-Dade Parks EcoAction Day & NFLGreen Community Greening Kick-Off
Every 2nd Saturday of the month join Miami EcoAdventures naturalists in restoring the park and its natural areas by participating in the monthly community EcoAction beach and park clean-up day.
This month, we will be celebrating the National Football League’s “passing of the golden shovel” from Atlanta to Miami to kick-off Super Bowl LIV community greening projects (partnership of NFL Green, the Miami Super Bowl Host Committee and Verizon).
Join the celebration by cheering the planting of a ceremonial tree (a gift from Atlanta) in the middle of Crandon Park Garden, the historic greenspace of the old Crandon Zoo followed by teaming up into volunteer EcoAction teams to:
- Plant 1000 sea oats to restore the Crandon Beach coastal habitat dunes.
- Plant a pollinator garden that connects from the family amusement center to the beach.
- Clean-up 2-Miles of Beach reducing plastic and debris pollution from land to sea.
- Restore, clean and remove invasive plants from existing historical Crandon Park Zoo and Garden.
- Plant trees on park greenspaces and help in general park beautification clean-up.
Are you a Super Bowl LIV VOLUNTEER? Stay tuned for more opportunities with Ocean Conservancy.
Please bring comfortable closed-toed shoes, insect repellent, work gloves (if you have them), protection from the sun and a re-fillable water bottle. Long shirts/pants, water, hats, and sunglasses are highly recommended.
Address, Directions & Parking
Crandon Park Gardens – PARK OFFICE ENTRANCE/PASS SOUTH BEACH (Follow Red Arrow Directional On Blvd)
6747 Crandon Blvd.
Key Biscayne FL
305-361-5421 (Dial 2)
Enter Crandon at the last entry - PARK OFFICE ENTRANCE (Pass South Beach)
Volunteer Parking – General Park Parking – Designated Cone-Off Area
Check-In: 8:30 a.m.
Key Biscayne, FL 33149-3201
Google map and directions