POSTPONED | Inter Miami CF Shoreline Cleanup
POSTPONED till further notice. Looking for a date in October. Will alert all previously registered volunteers when new date is set.
Join Miami’s Major League Soccer team, Inter Miami CF, for a shoreline cleanup to protect our natural resources and raise awareness about ocean trash. Community Service hours provided.
VolunteerCleanup.org will provide all supplies for the cleanup--- gloves, garbage bags, buckets, pickers.
- Volunteers should dress for the weather and wear closed-toed shoes (NO flip-flops or sandals) as the shoreline is rocky in some places and there could be broken glass.
- Please bring water in a reusable/refillable container. We will have water coolers for filtered water refills but will not be providing bottled water.
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before you start. Download Waiver Pre-signing and bringing with you will help expedite check-in!. Volunteers under 18 coming without a parent should print and have waiver pre-signed by a parent/guardian and bring with you.
- Download the CleanSwell App to participate in our citizen science data collection activity
Breakdown of activities for 2-hour cleanup
- Volunteers arrive and check-in (10 min)
- Introduction and safety briefing (10 min)
- Explain tasks, distribute supplies (10 min)
- Shoreline Cleanup, Citizen Science Data logging (1 hour)
- Regroup at check-in point (30 min)
- Separation of plastic to be used in the art project
- Marine Debris discussion, Q&A, and key takeaways, potential solutions
- Count and weigh the bags to quantify the impact
- Take group photo
Miami, FL 33137
Google map and directions