Kimpton Surfcomber Beach Cleanup with The International SeaKeepers Society
Thank you so much for signing up for our beach cleanup with Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel on Wednesday, August 24th at 3pm! Please check out the details below.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Check-in: Meet at the SeaKeepers’ branded tent on the beach in front of 17th street at 3pm.
Clean up: 3:30-4:30pm
Wrap up: 4:30-5pm
There is available street parking, or you can park in the lot on 21st and Collins and walk down the beach.
SeaKeepers utilizes an app by Ocean Conservancy called Clean Swell to record what types of trash we’re picking up as data for legislature. Please download CleanSwell and navigate through the app to learn how it works before the cleanup. We will have some paper forms for convenience. Participants are required to use the app to claim community service hours.
WHAT TO BRING
- *Reusable water bottle (no plastic please!)
- Reef-safe sunscreen or sun protection
- Comfortable, close-toed shoes
- Gardening/work gloves if you prefer to use your own
- Reusable bucket if you have one
- Download the “Clean Swell” app on your phone!
*Masks are not required for this outdoor event but are encouraged during check-in and for group pictures! Please help us keep this event FUN and SAFE!
WE WILL PROVIDE
- *Extra water (bring your own bottle!)
- Buckets/bags for collecting and disposing of trash
- Hand sanitizer
- Community Service Hours/ Learning Service Hours – Just let us know you need them!
*PLEASE bring your own water bottle – we will NOT have single-use cups available.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the cleanup! Feel free to email me with any questions at [email protected]. On the day of the event, you can contact me at 719-464-3030 or SeaKeepers intern Sarah at 561-847-5602.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions