Miami Beach Cleanup with Clean Coastal Beaches & SeaKeepers
The International SeaKeepers Society and Park View Island Sustainable Association invite you to join us on Saturday, August 20th at 11am for out joint beach cleanup!
Park View Island is located on the canal side of 73rd St. just minutes from the Beach. This cleanup is especially important to Park View Island and North Beach residents as we are one of the only communities in Miami Beach to be faced with a "No Contact Advisory" around our island's waters for the past 2 and half years.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Check-in: Meet at the SeaKeepers’ branded tent at the 73rd Street beach entrance at 11am.
Clean up: 11:30am-12:30pm.
Wrap up: 12:30pm-1pm.
The closest parking lot to the cleanup is: Miami Beach Parking Lot @ 299 72nd St, Miami Beach, FL 33141. There is also limited street parking in the area. We will set up a blue tent and SeaKeepers flags at the 73rd Street beach entrance.
SeaKeepers utilizes an app by Ocean Conservancy called Clean Swell at our cleanups to record what types of trash we’re picking up as data for legislature. We will have paper forms for convenience, and you can learn how to use the app HERE! Participants are required to use the app to claim community service hours.
WHAT TO BRING
- *Reusable water bottle (no single-use plastic please!)
- Reef-safe sunscreen or sun protection
- Comfortable, close-toed shoes
- Gardening/work gloves if you prefer to use your own
- Reusable bucket if you have one
- Download the “Clean Swell” app on your phone!
WE WILL PROVIDE
- *Extra water (bring your own bottle!)
- Buckets/bags for collecting and disposing of trash
- Hand sanitizer
- Community Service Hours/ Learning Service Hours – Just let us know you need them!
*PLEASE bring your own water bottle – we will NOT have single-use cups available.
Miami Beach, FL 33141
Google map and directions