Mocean Cleanup with The International SeaKeepers Society
Thank you so much for signing up for our Las Olas Beach Cleanup on Saturday, July 30th! Please check out the details below.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Check-in: Meet at the SeaKeepers’ branded tent on the beach in front of Las Olas Oceanside Park at 9am.
Clean up: 9:30-10:30am
Wrap up: 10:30-11am
The parking address is: 3000 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316.
We will set up a blue tent and SeaKeepers flags on the beach across from the park, where you can park.
SeaKeepers utilizes an app by Ocean Conservancy called Clean Swell to record what types of trash we're picking up as data for legislature. Please download the app and navigate through to learn how to use it before the cleanup. We will also have a few paper forms for convenience. Participants are required to use the app to claim community service hours.
WHAT TO BRING
- *Reusable water bottle (no plastic please!)
- Reef-safe sunscreen or sun protection
- Comfortable, close-toed shoes
- Gardening/work gloves if you prefer to use your own
- Reusable bucket if you have one
- Download the “Clean Swell” app on your phone!
*Masks are not required for this outdoor event but are encouraged during check-in and for group pictures! Please help us keep this event FUN and SAFE!
WE WILL PROVIDE
- *Extra water (bring your own bottle!)
- Buckets/bags for collecting and disposing of trash
- Hand sanitizer
- Community Service Hours/ Learning Service Hours – Just let us know you need them!
*PLEASE bring your own water bottle – we will NOT have single-use cups available.
We are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! Feel free to email me with any questions at [email protected]. On the day of the event, you can contact me at 719-464-3030 or SeaKeepers intern Sarah at 561-847-5602.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Google map and directions