Morningside Park with Intl Seakeepers | International Coastal Cleanup Day 2022
Join The International SeaKeepers Society for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this annual event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Rickenbacker Marina, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, and Greenberg Traurig.
Details for this site:
- Parking Information: Parking is spread throughout Morningside Park, and there is a parking lot by Morningside Watersports near our setup
- Check-in will be at the blue SeaKeepers branded tent on the lawn next to Morningside Watersports
- This event is suitable for all ages
- Want to participate in a kayak cleanup? Morningside Watersports offers a discount on kayak rentals when you mention your participation in the SeaKeepers cleanup, or you can bring your own kayak and help clean up the nearby islands!
Info for Volunteers:
- Complete the online waiver here: If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE and bring it with you.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup! SeaKeepers asks that all participants log their collected trash!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This site contains grassy areas, pavement, and mangroves, so close-toed shoes are recommended.
- Sunglasses, a hat, and reef-safe sunscreen are recommended.
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, please bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
We will provide:
Garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided*. This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Registration is required to participate. Please have each guest in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
Miami, FL 33137
Google map and directions