SeaKeepers Monthly Morningside Park Cleanup and YOGA!
Interested in volunteering in your community while helping the environment? Get involved with The International SeaKeepers Society! 🌎 Support SeaKeepers by volunteering at our combined beach + waterway clean up to recognize the ocean’s critical importance to the life of our planet!
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST COMPLETE A LIABILITY WAIVER HERE. You will not be allowed to participate without this form signed.
This is both a BEACH/PARK cleanup and a 'Bring Your Own' or 'Rent A' KAYAK cleanup, as well as a YOGA cleanup in partnership with our friends at Awareness Into Action! You are welcome to join us on foot or by paddle! SeaKeepers will NOT be providing kayaks. Kayak rentals are available from Morningside Park at a discounted rate for $10-$15/hour when you mention you're with SeaKeepers! The plan is to kayak across an active boating channel to a picnic island where trash accumulates pretty badly. A SeaKeeper will show you where to go!
Join us from 10:00am-11:00am for a FREE Yoga class with Awareness Into Action! The YOGA will occur simultaneously to the cleanup so you can choose to clean or participate in this event!
Where to meet: Park in lot 7 (the first lot on your left as you enter, or the last lot on your right as you exit) near the kayak launch.
- For contact-less check-in, bring your smart phone to the event.
- IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST COMPLETE A LIABILITY WAIVER HERE. You will not be allowed to participate without this form signed.
- Please wear a mask at the check-in table to get the cleanup supplies.
- Be safe! Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and maintain at least 6ft from other volunteers.
Supplies you should bring:
- 🦈 Mask & Gloves (you must wear a mask at the check-in table, and please bring your own gloves if you need them for the cleanup)
- 🦈 Reusable water bottle with water (no single-use plastic bottles!)
- 🦈 Reef-safe Sunscreen
- 🦈 Comfortable shoes
- 🦈 Download the iPhone Application "Clean Swell" beforehand
- 🦈 Follow our Instagram pages and join us on our journeys! @seakeepers
We will provide:
- 🦈 Biodegradable garbage bags
- 🦈 Extra gloves
- 🦈 Scale
- 🦈 Hand Sanitizer
- 🦈 Community Service Hours / Service Learning Hours
Marine debris isn't an ocean problem - it's a people problem, be part of the solution!
Miami, FL 33137
Google map and directions