SeaKeepers Morningside Park Cleanup in Memory of Steven Lek
Interested in volunteering in your community while helping the environment? Get involved with The International SeaKeepers Society! 🌎 Support SeaKeepers by volunteering at our combined beach + waterway clean up to recognize the ocean’s critical importance to the life of our planet!
This cleanup will be done to honor SeaKeepers supporter and DISCOVERY Yacht owner, Steven Lek who passed away last month.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST COMPLETE TWO ITEMS:
1) WAIVERS - EVERY participant must complete a liability waiver!! Complete HERE. You will not be allowed to participate without this form signed.
2) REGISTRATION - ONE person from EACH group should register for the cleanup HERE. Staggering arrival times will help keep the event safe.
This is both a BEACH/PARK cleanup and a KAYAK cleanup! You are welcome to join us on foot or by paddle!
- For contact-less check-in, bring your smart phone to the event.
- Please wear a mask at the check-in table to get the cleanup supplies.
- Be safe! Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and maintain at least 6ft from other volunteers.
Information for KAYAKERS:
🦈 BYO kayak! SeaKeepers will NOT be providing kayaks. Kayak rentals are available from Morningside Park for $20-$25/hour.
🦈 The plan is to kayak across an active boating channel to picnic island where trash accumulates pretty badly. A SeaKeeper will show you where to go!
Where to meet: Park in lot 7 (the first lot on your left as you enter, or the last lot on your right as you exit) near the kayak launch.
Supplies you should bring:
🦈 Mask & Gloves (you must wear a mask at the check-in table, and please bring your own gloves if you need them for the cleanup)
🦈 Reusable water bottle with water (no single-use plastic bottles!)
🦈 Reef-safe Sunscreen
🦈 Comfortable shoes
🦈 Download the iPhone Application "Clean Swell" beforehand
🦈 Follow our Instagram pages and join us on our journeys! @seakeepers
We will provide:
🦈 Biodegradable garbage bags
🦈 Extra gloves
🦈 Hand Sanitizer
🦈 Community Service Hours / Service Learning Hours
The Marine debris isn't an ocean problem - it's a people problem, be part of the solution!
To RSVP Groups larger than 6 people, please email me directly: [email protected] We will be sending out a waiver form and any last minute details the week of the cleanup.
Miami, FL 33137
Google map and directions