Venetian Causeway Mangroves | International Coastal Cleanup 2020
Join Fertile Earth for International Coastal Cleanup 2020, the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
We will provide garbage bags and gloves. Community Service hours also provided.
- Wear facial coverings required by City of Miami Beach and practice social distancing at the cleanup
- Dress for the weather and wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers, no flipflops or sandals!”
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves if you have them (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot) We will have some onsite but cannot guarantee they will be in your size!
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, where possible.
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed) Online waiver will be distributed in advance.
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver form in advance
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup.
- Meet by the water pump located in the middle of the park by the shoreline.
- Street parking available. Additional parking by toll booth.
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
About the International Coastal Cleanup:
Scientists estimate that more than 17 billion pounds of plastic enter our ocean every year threatening marine life from corals polyps to sharks, the health of people, and local economies
Over the past 35 years, Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup has brought together nearly 13 million people from over 150 countries to collect nearly 250 million pounds of trash along our coastlines and waterways.
Every year during Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, volunteers comb lakes, rivers, and beaches around the world for trash picking up everything imaginable along the world’s shorelines: cigarette butts, food wrappers, abandoned fishing gear and even automobiles and kitchen appliances.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris but by also cataloging and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell app. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Miami Beach, FL 33139-1032
Google map and directions