Venetian Causeway Mangroves | International Coastal Cleanup
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. Join the world’s largest single-day volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
This cleanup is especially important now, as part of Hurricane Irma recovery efforts. The storm surge blew so much trash from the shoreline up into the park, which on the one hand makes it easier to get now, but unfortunately, the park looks really bad. Please help bring some volunteer love to restore the park so we can once again enjopy these beautiful shoreline parks.
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, and a giveaway goodie bag! Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
Community Service Hours provided!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
Meet in the shoreline park on the Venetian causeway, between 1000 Venetian Way apt building and the Toll Plaza, just east of the Toll Plaza.
- Street parking available.
- Wear long sleeves, long pants, old shoes, hat.
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot)
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce our plastic waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible
- Bring bug spray/mosquito repellent.
- Must be ages 12 and up
- Everyone that participates must register online. (even if you are coming together) We must have your name on the RSVP list as an individual (or your parent) in order for you to get the giveaway goodie bag.
- If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
In 2016 more than 18 million pounds of trash was collected by over 500,000 volunteers during the International Coastal Cleanup. Here in Miami Dade, we collected 15,000 pounds of marine debris from 31 miles of coastline.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris but by also cataloging and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell App. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
We need your help to keep this momentum going.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions