Keep MB Clean | Anti-littering Campaign Volunteers
This is not a cleanup. It's ant-littering marketing campaign.
We worked with the city to create anti-littering signs (based on our suggestions) as part of their overall #KeepMBClean campaign, for opening weekend. We are looking for volunteers to walk the beach shoreline during the day (2-hour shifts from 1-7pm) on Saturday and Sunday, holding signs facing west so that beach-goers hanging out can see them.
We suggest taking a shift as a pair, with someone you are living and/or isolating/social distancing with. We'd like a minimum of 4 people per shift but have 20 signs so we can have as many volunteers as we can get!
- Volunteers will pick up their signs at the Ambassador Check-in at Miami Beach Ocean Rescue Headquarters on 10th and Ocean, (lummus park area, behind the Art Deco welcome center) but the garages are expected to be closed - so walking / biking is the way to go if possible.
- Hopefully, if we have at least 4 people per shift, one team will cover walking north to 17th and the other team, south to South Point Pier. You will likely walk up one direction and back the other. If we have more people per shift, we can get more granular about the area you cover, so we need to see how many people signup per shift and then will let you know by Friday where you should go!
- Walk along the shoreline and holding the signs facing west so the beachgoers sitting and facing the ocean will see you!
- We do NOT want any face-to-face interaction with beach-goers. Social Distancing is in effect, and we will encourage volunteers to wear masks (if they don’t wear masks, they should stay far away from people) Make eye-contact as you walk by and many will acknowledge you with thank yous, thumbs up, or even clap as you walk by. The signs are double sided english and spanish so you can flip them back and forth as you walk by.
- There are multiple different signs, choose the one you like!
These are the signs:
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions