Kennedy Park | International Coastal Cleanup Day
Rescheduled to October 21st
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag! Bring your own gloves if you have them, we will have some on hand but cannot guarantee they will be in your size!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event including updates and announcements about the volunteer celebration.
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
- Wear appropriate closed-toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot)
- Bring Water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce our plastic waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered up until 1 week before the event if you want to have your shirt to wear to the cleanup on
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
Google map and directions