Rickenbacker Hobie November Cleanup
Scientists estimate that more than 17 billion pounds of plastic enter our ocean every year threatening marine life from corals polyps to sharks, the health of people, and local economies.
Come out and help us clean the beach!
Wear/Bring: Dress for the weather, wear appropriate footwear. Closed-toed shoes (like sneakers)
- Please bring water in a reusable bottle to reduce single-use plastic waste.
- Clean-Swell App: We will work in teams of 2-3 collecting Citizen Science data using provided paper data cards or the Clean Swell mobile app. Download the app in advance if you would like to use it instead of the cards. https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/cleanswell/
- Gloves: If you have your own work/garden or dishwashing gloves, please bring them. We will have some one-size-fits-all gloves on hand, but cannot guarantee having your size. Those with very small or very large hands should bring their own.
- Buckets: Some volunteers find it convenient to use a bucket while doing a cleanup. You can get free buckets from many local restaurants. Try asking a Chinese restaurant, fast food burger place or Dunkin donuts as they get their soy sauce, pickles and dough delivered in 5-gallon buckets and are usually happy to give them away to volunteers J
- Community Service Forms: If you need community service hours, kindly let me know so we can be sure to have enough forms on hand.
- Groups: If you rsvp’d for others, please share this email with everyone in your party so that they are prepared. If your group size has changed, you can update your rsvp from the email you received after you registered, or let me know. If your group is bigger than expected, we want to ensure there’s enough supplies for everyone.
Please bring waivers signed they can be downloaded on this link.
Google map and directions